Call Forwarding Can Give Your Small Company a Big Company Feel
If you're running a small business and watching it grow, you know how important it is to be there when your customers need you. If you don't have a call forwarding system, you probably know that it's quite a bit of work handling and routing incoming calls. Call forwarding is a simple service that can save you lots of money and help you turn your small business into the big business you're dreaming of.
Call Forwarding Takes Care Of Everything For YouCall forwarding allows your customers to reach you at any time, even when you're away from the office. When they call your business number, it's forwarded directly to your cell phone, home phone or whatever other phones you designate. This offers advantages to both you and your customers. You can keep taking care of business even while out of the office; they can reach you any time they need to. This tiny bit of extra customer service goes a long way.
You can also use call forwarding to manage and route incoming calls. If you're seeing an increase in calls coming in but don't have the staff to handle it all, they offer automated answering services. Your customers are presented with a menu that's easy to navigate. This ensures that the call gets where it needs to go, and it doesn't cause any hassle for you.
Other Features Offered By Call ForwardingCall forwarding packages have lots of features - some that you know and some that you don't. You know call waiting, caller ID and other standard features. These make it easy for your customers to reach you, and they help to protect your privacy. But call forwarding also offers some services you've probably never heard of:
- Virtual Phone Numbers. You can get a virtual phone number. If you're company's nationwide or overseas, this provides a local number for each area you're operating in. It gives your company a local feel.
- Toll Free Numbers. On the other hand, you can get toll free numbers that makes your business look bigger than it actually is. It gives your small business a professional touch.
- Fax Integration. You can choose one number for both phone and fax. This makes it much easier on your clients and customers.
- VOIP Integration. People are increasingly using VOIP protocols such as Skype. These are free programs that allow you to communicate online. Your call forwarding system can be fully integrated with whatever program you're using.
- Multiple Mailboxes. With the computer technology we have today, you can have basically unlimited voicemail memory. You can also choose a system to easily manage multiple mailboxes and control access to them.
- Marketing Features. Some companies offer features that help you track advertising and measure call length. This data tells you exactly where your customers are coming from so that you can focus your advertising efforts there.
- Privacy Protection. Another benefit of having a virtual number is that you can keep your actual number private. It won't be listed in directories and this cuts down dramatically on sales calls and other annoyances.
Getting call forwarding is an essential step in taking your business to the next level. It's a great way to manage your incoming calls and project a more professional image for your company. This means great customer service, and the result is more business for you.