Small businesses gaining new toll free phone numbers can find plenty of reasons to publicize and market the news.
Have you ever noticed that when a business, health care institution or company obtains a new toll free number, they like to publicize it to everyone? If you’re a current customer, then you always get a postcard or letter in the mail announcing the new toll free number. Or you’ll see it in an ad or hear it on the radio. Why do you think getting a toll free number is newsworthy for a business?
There are actually numerous reasons why you want to let all your current and potential customers know about a new toll free phone number. And the very reasons why a toll free number is newsworthy are the same reasons for a company to obtain them. Getting a toll free phone number is just good business. If you haven’t gotten one yet for your business, just think of the exciting things you’ll experience when you do. Here are just a few:
- Your company will appear more open and accessible to your clients, both current and potential ones.
- You will be able to answer a customer’s question quickly and accurately while not making them incur long distance phone charges.
- You will be encouraging dialogue and feedback with your customers.
- You can better serve your client.
- You will be easily reached by clients, vendors, sales staff or colleagues, no matter where they are located.
- Lastly, toll-free numbers are permanent and are not affected by new area codes or a move to a new location.
When companies acquire a new toll free number, they want to let everyone know. It’s newsworthy because it helps your business grow. End of story.